1. Introduction to the publication scheme
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives a right of access to information held by public authorities.
The Act requires every public authority to adopt and maintain a publication scheme which sets out the information which is publicly available and whether any charge is made for providing this information.
The publication scheme divides information into seven broad categories:
- Who we are and what we do
- What we spend and how we spend it
- What our priorities are and how we are doing
- How we make decisions
- Our policies and procedures
- Lists and registers
- Services provided by us