We are committed to the transparency code. Under this code various datasets and other information have to be published.
We are publishing the datasets, in line with the national government guidance, on the national data website - data.gov.uk
As we add more datasets to data.gov.uk, this page will be updated with the links to those datasets.
In addition to the datasets, the transparency code specifies we must publish other information that can be published as documents - these are listed below and are published elsewhere on this website.
Grants over £500 - we publish this dataset annually - we will update the first 2014 dataset to include all of the 2014/15 financial year. For more information please see the grants and funding section. This dataset is incomplete as it contains only orders raised on our electronic system. We are moving all orders to this system and this work will be complete by the end of 2015.
Car Park Places - East Devon have published a simple listing of each Car Park covered by a Car Park Order. This covers off road parking.
Purchase orders over £5,000 - we publish this dataset monthly. We will also publish complete financial year's data when we have a full year to report on.
Local authority land - this lists all our non-housing assets. We are currently involved in a project to improve the data quality of this dataset. For this reason this dataset is updated weekly.
Social Housing Asset Value Is a list of the valuation of the value of social housing stock that is held in our Housing Revenue Account.
This dataset contains valuations as of April 2015 and occupancy as of October 2015. Future year's data should be from the same time point once data have been migrated to a new system.
The District Valuer applies an Existing Use Value – Social Housing reduction to the freehold Vacant possession Fair Value of the stock. % used for 2014/15 accounts was 31%
Senior Salaries and responsibilities - are to be found in the pay and reward policies and senior staff pay section.
Pay Multiple - the relationship between remuneration of chief officers and the remuneration of other staff is on our pay policy statement for senior officers page.
Trade union facility time - paid time off for union representatives to carry out trade union duties.
Other Reports, Datasets and Registers
In addition to the datasets required by the Transparency Code we have to publish other information. We will be listing all these here to make it easy to find.
The Council is required to maintain a public register containing information on all the installations they are responsible for. You can view the East Devon public register online.
The Council is required to provide information on the income and expenditure of the authority’s parking account. This information can be found on page 44 of the Council's accounts. Following completion of the 2015 / 16 accounts more detail will be provided in respect of this requirement.
The Council is required to publish the following information in respect of our counter fraud work;
- We have not used powers under the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud (Power to require information) (England) Regulations 2014 or similar powers.
- There are 1.77 (1.6 FTE East Devon + 0.17 FTE from Social Fraud Housing Project) employees undertaking investigations and prosecutions of fraud.
- There are 1.77 (1.6FTE East Devon + 0.17 FTE from Social Fraud Housing Project) professionally accredited counter fraud specialists.
- We have spent £107,832.66 on the investigation and prosecution of fraud.
- We have investigated 145 (141 Housing Benefit + 4 Tenancy fraud) cases of fraud.
The Council is required to provide certain information in respect of the waste collection contract. This is as follows:
- Reference Number – not applicable.
- Title of agreement – ‘Contract for the Waste Collection and Recycling Services’.
- Department responsible - Environment (Streetscene).
- Description of service – the provision of waste collection and recycling services.
- The supplier name – SITA UK Limited.
- Annual spend - £4,438,430.
- VAT which cannot be recovered – none.
- Contract period – 1st April 2006 to 31st March 2016 (extended to 30th June 2016).
- Awarding of contract – published invitation to tender.
- Company information – SITA UK Limited is registered at Companies House (Co. Regn. No. 02291198)