Exceptional Hardship Fund payments (EHFs) are exceptional extra financial help for:
- people receiving Council Tax Support but their Support does not cover all of the Council Tax or
- people no longer receiving Council Tax Support due to the April 2017 changes.
You can find out more in our Council Tax Discretionary Discount and Exceptional Hardship Fund policy.
We cannot make EHF payments for any Council Tax arrears you owe.
If you also have a shortfall between your rent and Housing Benefit/ Universal Credit, you can apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) on the same form.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- your total household income
- you and your partner's savings
- you or your partner's loans or debts
We will write and tell you our decision. If we award you an EHF, our letter will tell you how much we will pay and for how long. The EHF will be paid to your Council Tax account.
We may require you to attend a money advice appointment.
You have to apply online. There are no paper forms.
If you don't have a computer, there’s access to the web in lots of places.