Exceptional Hardship Fund payments (EHFs) are exceptional extra financial help for:

  • people receiving Council Tax Support but their Support does not cover all of the Council Tax or
  • people no longer receiving Council Tax Support due to the April 2017 changes.

You can find out more in our Council Tax Discretionary Discount and Exceptional Hardship Fund policy.

We cannot make EHF payments for any Council Tax arrears you owe.

If you also have a shortfall between your rent and Housing Benefit/ Universal Credit, you can apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) on the same form.