To be entitled to Council Tax Support you:
- need to be responsible for paying Council Tax for the home that you live in and
- you and your partner must be on a low income – this could be from benefits, pensions or earnings and
- if you are working age, you or your partner must have total savings of less than £8,000 (working age is below the age to claim Pension Credit) or
- if you are pension age, you or your partner must have total savings of less than £16,000 (pension age is above the age to claim Pension Credit)
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- your Council Tax bill
- details of your income and savings
If the calculator says you may qualify, please complete the online application form.
- Phone 01395 517446
- Visit the offices - the benefits team are at
Exmouth Town Hall, Monday to Friday from 9am to 4.30pm and Knowle, Sidmouth, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5pm
- Attend a weekly advice surgery.