Please complete the online form by clicking on the blue start button.
We may be able to pay up to 4 weeks Housing Benefit on your old home in addition to the Housing Benefit on your new home if you can show that having 2 tenancies at the the same time was unavoidable.
Also we can pay Housing Benefit for up to 4 weeks before you have moved in to the new home if:
- you are waiting for adaptations to your new home which prevent you from moving in, or
- you are moving out from residential care, or
- you are waiting for a social fund loan for a cooker and you have a child under 5 years old
If you are moving into East Devon we may only pay the rent on your new home. Please contact the relevant council to claim Housing Benefit for your old home.
Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of processing your Housing Benefit and/or in the administration of Council Tax.
- Your information may be provided to a third party acting on our behalf in processing your Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax.
- Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions. Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes.
- Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary.
There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing. Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant Privacy Notice which can be accessed at eastdevon.gov.uk/privacy.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- your tenancy
- the date you viewed your new home
We aim to process your claim within 14 days of you giving us all the information we need.
If evidence is needed, please supply this as quickly as possible. We will write or email to confirm what we require.
You can now email your evidence to email@example.com. We can accept scanned images or photographs of your evidence.
The quicker you provide the information, the quicker we can process your application.
You have to complete this form online. There are no paper forms.
If you don't have a computer, there’s access to the web in lots of places.