If the following statements apply to you, you may be entitled to Housing Benefit.
- I am responsible for paying rent for the home that I live in. (Although we cannot help with mortgage payments, gov.uk tells you what help is available).
- My partner and I are on a low income – this could be from benefits, pensions or earnings.
- My partner and I have total savings of £16,000 or less. If you are getting Guaranteed Pension Credit then the £16.000 savings limit does not apply to you.
If yes, please use the the calculator.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- Income and savings for you and your partner and any other adults in your household.
- How much rent you pay.
- If you rent your home from a private landlord, the Local Housing Allowance (LHA) that applies to you. Unless you use the correct LHA rate, the calculations for Housing Benefit will not be correct.
If the calculator says you may qualify, please complete the online application form.
- Phone us on 01395 517446
- Visit the offices - the benefits team are at
Exmouth Town Hall - Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5pm and
Knowle, Sidmouth - Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5pm
- Attend a weekly advice surgery.