Please complete the online form by clicking on the blue start button.
- If you are from one of the countries listed below* you can claim Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support unless the Home Office say that you are to leave the UK, or if you are not judged to be habitually resident
The Habitual Residency Test is a test based on how long you have lived in the UK and your future plans.
*Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland & United Kingdom (UK).
- EEA nationals who are awarded Jobseekers Allowance (JSA) on or after 1 April 2014 cannot claim Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support unless the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) consider them to have retained 'worker status'. Worker status is unlikely to last more than six months after which time Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support will end.
Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of processing your Housing Benefit and/or in the administration of Council Tax.
- Your information may be provided to a third party acting on our behalf in processing your Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax.
- Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions. Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes.
- Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary.
There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing. Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant Privacy Notice which can be accessed at eastdevon.gov.uk/privacy.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- Details of any work you have done during the last 2 years
- Details of any property you own in the UK or abroad
- Evidence of any substantial purchases you have made since arriving in the UK
We aim to make a decision within 14 days of you giving us all the information we need.
If evidence is needed, please supply this as quickly as possible. We will write or email to confirm what we require.
You can now email your evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can accept scanned images or photographs of your evidence.
The quicker you provide the information, the quicker we can make a decision.
You have to complete this form online. There are no paper forms.
If you don't have a computer, there’s access to the web in lots of places.