Before using our online form, please read the guidance notes relating to submitting a Building Regulations application.
Please refer to our scale of charges or contact us to request a fee quote.
Please note: if the proposed work involves an extension or erection of a new building within 3 meters of a public sewer or public lateral drain, or the works are to buildings other than single private dwellings, a Full Plans application will be required.
Please be aware that we can only accept files up to 10Mb each.
To be able to upload plans you will need Flash to be enabled in your browser. If your system cannot accommodate this, please submit your application and then email your plans to firstname.lastname@example.org
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- Where the proposed work includes the erection or a new building or an extension to an existing building, your application should be accompanied by a site location plan to a scale of not less than 1:1250, showing :
- The size and position of the building, or the building as extended, and its relationship to the adjoining boundaries.
- The boundaries or the curtilage of the building, or the building as extended, and the size, position and use of every other building or proposed building within that cartilage.
- The width and position of any street on or within the boundaries of the curtilage of the building or the building as extended.
- Where it is proposed to erect the building or extension over a sewer or drain, the precautions to be taken in building over the sewer or drain.
- Any additional plans and specification would be helpful.
Once your application has been validated, you will be sent an acceptance letter by email. You can then start work on site and telephone us to book site inspections. The Building Control Surveyor may contact you requesting more information regarding your proposal if he feels it is necessary.
If you don't wish to use our online form you can download and print a paper copy of the application form which you can complete and return, or alternatively you can telephone us on 01395 517482 or email email@example.com and request a hard copy application pack.