Charitable organisations that occupy a non-domestic property for activities in connection with the purposes of that charity, are entitled to business rates relief of 80 percent of the bill.
We have the discretion to remit all or part of the remaining 20 per cent of the organisation's bill.
Please complete the online form by clicking on the blue start button.
Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of administering Non Domestic Rates.
- Your information may be provided to a third party acting on our behalf in administering Non Domestic Rates.
- Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions. Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes.
- Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary.
There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing. Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant Privacy Notice which can be accessed at eastdevon.gov.uk/privacy.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- your business rates bill number
- your charity's registration number or
- if you are not a registered charity, a copy of your Articles of Association or Statement of Aims and Objects or Trust documents to upload with the application
If you qualify for the relief, we will send you an amended bill.
If you do not qualify, we will notify you by email.
You have to apply online. There are no paper forms.
If you don't have a computer, there’s access to the web in lots of places.