You can get rural rate relief if your business is in one of East Devon's listed rural settlements and is:
- the only general store, food shop or post office with a rateable value of up to £8,500
- the only public house or petrol station with a rateable value of up to £12,500
We can also:
- top up the mandatory 50 per cent relief to 100 per cent
- give relief to other rural retail businesses of up to 100 per cent (for properties with a rateable value under £16,500)
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- Your business rates bill number
- The rural settlement your business is in
If you qualify for the relief, we will send you an amended bill.
If you do not qualify, we will notify you by email.
You have to apply online. There are no paper forms.
If you don't have a computer, there’s access to the web in lots of places.