You can get Small Business Rate Relief (SBBR) if you only occupy one property with a rateable value of less than £12,000. If you occupy more than one property there are other conditions
The relief for properties with a rateable value :
- of £6,000 or less - is 100 per cent (doubled from the usual rate of 50 per cent) until 31 March 2017. This means you won’t pay business rates on properties with a rateable value of £6,000 or less.
- between £6,001 and £12,000 - will gradually decrease from 100 per cent to 0 per cent.
If you have more than one property:
- Relief will only be granted on one property.
- You can get SBRR if the rateable value of each of your other properties is less than £2,600 and the combined rateable value of all of the properties is under £18,000.
- If you occupy a second property that takes you over these thresholds, you’ll keep getting any existing relief for one year.
East Devon District Council requires the ratepayer (and not an agent) to complete an application. If the ratepayer is a limited company, you must be a director of that company to complete an application.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- Your business rates bill number
- If the ratepayer is a limited company you need it's company number
- If the ratepayer is a partnership you need to know what other property your partner(s) occupy
If you qualify for the relief, we will send you an amended bill.
If you do not qualify, we will notify you by email.
You have to apply online. There are no paper forms.
If you don't have a computer, there’s access to the web in lots of places.