Non-profit making sporting organisations* can benefit from 80 per cent mandatory relief.
This relief is intended to help clubs that:
- are open to the whole community
- are organised on an amateur basis
- have as their main purpose providing facilities for, and promoting participation in, one or more eligible sports
* these include:
- local amateur sports clubs registered with the HM Revenue and Custom as Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs)
- registered charities
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- your business rates bill number
- your CASC or charity's registration number or
- if you are not a CASC or registered charity , a copy of your Articles of Association or Statement of Aims and Objects or Trust documents to upload with the application
- profile of membership - for example, number of adult/child/social members
- club profile - for example, benefits for members
If you qualify for the relief, we will send you an amended bill.
If you do not qualify, we will notify you by email.
You have to apply online. There are no paper forms.
If you don't have a computer, there’s access to the web in lots of places.