Press releases regarding the Sidmouth and East Beach Management Plan are available for:
- 21st January 2016 - 'BMP Steering Group discuss Long List options'
- 21st April 2016 - 'Period of consideration for revised East Devon BMP long list options now ended'
- 10th June 2016 - 'Have your say on ways to prevent coastal erosion and flooding in Sidmouth'
- 23rd June 2016 - 'Beach management plan steering group meets to discuss shortlisted options for Sidmouth’s beaches'
- 20th July 2016 - 'Positive public response to Sidmouth BMP shortlist options consultation'
- 19th August 2016 - 'Sub-group set up to look further into partnership funding'
- 21st September 2016 - 'Sidmouth Draft Beach Management Plan and options appraisal sent to Steering Group'
- 29th September 2016 - 'BMP project team meets with public agencies to discuss coastal flood and erosion options for Sidmouth'
- 21st December 2016 - 'Final BMP reports to be published in January 2017'
- 16th February 2017 - 'Council commences tender process for Sidmouth and East Beach Management Plan investigations and appraisal'
- 8th March 2017 - 'Cabinet review of Sidmouth and East Beach Management Plan to be deferred to allow BMP Steering Group time to discuss any new evidence'
- 17th March 2017 - 'Steering group supports moving Sidmouth BMP scheme through to next stage'
- 6th April 2017 - 'Cabinet adopts Sidmouth and East Beach Management Plan'
- 11th May 2017 - 'Sidmouth Beach Management Scheme contract authorised by East Devon councillors'
- 18th August 2017 - 'Sidmouth BMP Steering Group to meet with project consultants to understand next stage of project'
- 21st September 2017 - 'Council’s new coastal erosion and flooding consultants introduced to Sidmouth BMP steering group'