The community safety partnership will work together to make both East Devon and Mid Devon safe places in which to live, work and visit.
Agencies will work in partnership to reduce incidents of crime, disorder and anti-social behaviour whilst improving public confidence and addressing the fear of crime locally.
The structure of the partnership is similar to that of most others and meets the requirements of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 “to work together to reduce crime, disorder and fear of crime locally, in order to improve quality of life and to create a safer living and working environment”.
Members of the Partnership Steering Group include:
- Chief executive of East Devon District Council (or nominated officer)
- Chief executive of Mid Devon District Council (or nominated officer)
- Police commander for East and Mid Devon
- Safer Devon Partnership’s lead officer
- Senior Officer from NHS
- Senior Officer from Devon and Cornwall Probation Service
- Senior Officer from Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service
- Devon and Cornwall Police Authority Representative
The Steering Group meets every six weeks to monitor, oversee and support the work of the Action and Thematic Groups.
A full version of the plan, including action plans is available.