- 51% feel part of the community, this is 12% less people than in 2014 and a 19% reduction since 2013. 20% do not feel part of their community, 9% more people than in 2013.
- 64% regularly speak to the people they meet, an 8% fall since 2014. 15% do not regularly speak to people in the local area, 7% more than last year.
- 89% get out of the house regularly, against 3% who don’t. No significant change from previous years.
- 88% feel it is a good place to live. 4% don’t feel it is a good place to live. No significant change from previous years.
- 87% get on well with the people they meet, 2% said they didn’t. No significant change from previous years.
- 71% trust the people in the local area and 3% don’t 14%. No significant change from previous years.
People moved to Cranbrook as it is close to Exeter but still in the countryside, it was an opportunity to have a brand new home, they could afford to buy for the first time and it’s close to their place of work.
- 48% of people had moved to Cranbrook from Exeter, 19% from elsewhere in East Devon and 16% from wider Devon. 83% of people moved to Cranbrook from within Devon.
- 85% of residents would recommend Cranbrook as a place to live.
- The main things people like most about Cranbrook is the community spirit, the friendly people and the location.
- What people don’t like most about Cranbrook is the lack of facilities and amenities, particularly a pub, leisure centre and more shops. They also didn’t like the fact that there are traveller sites proposed for Cranbrook.