Over a hundred representatives of voluntary and community groups, town and parish councils and Councillors came along to our sixth annual Working Together Event.
This year's topic was 'Local communities helping themselves'. Here are the presentations given by the speakers:
- What is currently happening in the health sector, particularly around community hospitals. Adel Jones - Integration Director at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
- Cranbrook Healthy New Town, phase 2. Lucy O'Loughlin, Public Health Consultant at Devon County Council.
- Developing Resilient Communities. Charlotte Hanson, CEO Action East Devon. Presented by Sarah Reeves from Action East Devon.
- No presentation for matching essential services with active citizens: Devon Freewheelers - how they recruit and keep their very active volunteer base and how they keep going. Dan Lavery, founder and Chief Executive of Devon Freewheelers.
- How you can keep your organisation going. Sarah Reeves, Development Worker, Action East Devon.
- A volunteer led project: Broadclyst Community Farm. Jon Smye, Chairman of Broadclyst Community Farm.
- How to keep your organisation going by delivering in different ways. Devon County Council Youth Services have just become a mutual called DYS Space with a new business model. Dan Barton, DYS Space Ltd.
- How volunteer groups can use digital meams to support their activities and goals, including social media. Silvia Paloschi, Cosmic.