6. How we carried out the consultation
The consultation was publicised and sent out in a variety of ways:
- Press releases were sent out to the local media.
- It was publicised on the council’s social media accounts and website.
It was also set out to:
- 400 local businesses by email and in the post.
- Town and parish councils and elected members. They were asked to complete it themselves and then publicise it within their town or ward.
- All the local large organisations that organise street trading. They were asked to complete it themselves and send it onto traders.
- All East Devon Chambers of Commerce. They were asked to complete it themselves and send it onto local businesses. • All the street traders from the Sidmouth Folk Festival.
We received 198 completed questionnaires back both online and in the post.