8. How we carried out the consultation
The second consultation exercise was undertaken from 6 March to 26 April 2017. It was available both online and in paper form.
The consultation was publicised widely and was sent out in a variety of ways:
- Two press releases were been sent out to the local media.
- It was publicised on the council’s social media accounts and website.
The consultation and reminders to take part were sent out to:
- 184 local businesses by e-mail, those which we have non personal email addresses for.
- All our town and parish councils and EDDC elected members. They were asked to complete it themselves and then publicise it within their town or ward.
- All the local large organisations that organise street trading in the area. They were asked to complete it themselves and send it onto traders.
- All East Devon Chambers of Commerce. They were asked to complete it themselves and send it onto local businesses.
- All street traders from the Sidmouth Folk Festival.
- All mobile businesses registered with our Environmental Health Team.
- Everyone that took part in the last stage of the consultation that gave us their e-mail addresses for follow up consultations to be sent.