What does the Audit and Governance Committee do?
This committee provides an independent assurance of the adequacy of the Council’s corporate governance arrangements, including:
- an assessment of the effectiveness of the Council’s anti-fraud and anti-corruption arrangements
- an examination of the authority’s financial and non-financial performance
- associated risk management and control environment
The committee also provides an independent review of the authority’s exposure to risk or any other such event that may weaken the control environment. Full details of the responsibilities of committees are set in the constitution.
- Dean Barrow, Conservative
- John Dyson, Independent Group
- Steve Gazzard, Liberal Democrats
- Steve Hall, Conservative
- John Humphreys, Conservative
- Ben Ingham, Independent Group
- Bill Nash, Conservative
- Mark Williamson, Conservative
Chairman is Mark Williamson
Vice Chairman is Dean Barrow