What does the Strategic Planning Committee do?
The terms of remit of the Strategic Planning Committee are:
To consider and recommend:
- the Local Development Scheme, Statement of Community Involvement and Annual Monitoring Report to Council;
- Development Plan Documents to Council for submission for examination and subsequent adoption;
- Local Development Documents (including Supplementary Planning Documents) which are not Development Plan Documents to Cabinet for adoption;
To authorise public consultations with regard to planning policy documentation including Development Plan Documents and Supplementary Planning Documents
To consider (when appropriate) and advise Cabinet on Neighbourhood Planning matters
To consider and adopt any planning policy related document (including evidence and strategy documentation) that is not a Local Development Document
To receive reports on planning policy related matters including 5 year land supply, consultations from government, neighbouring authorities and Devon County Council on their planning policies and to approve the Council’s response where appropriate
To consider and advise Council on matters relating to the Community Infrastructure Levy
To provide advice to the Development Management Committee on the interpretation of the policies of the Development Plan if requested to do so by either officers or the Development Management Committee.
To designate conservation areas and to agree extensions and alterations to the boundaries of conservation areas.
The determination of planning applications is carried out by the Development Management Committee.
- Mike Allen, Conservative
- Susie Bond, Independent Group
- Matthew Booth, Independent Group
- Colin Brown, Conservative
- Paul Diviani, Conservative
- Jill Elson, Conservative
- Graham Godbeer, Conservative
- Ian Hall, Conservative
- Mike Howe, Conservative
- Geoff Jung, Independent Group
- Rob Longhurst, Independent Group
- Geoff Pook, Independent
- Eleanor Rylance, Liberal Democrats
- Philip Skinner, Conservative - Deputy leader of the council
- Mark Williamson, Conservative
Councillor Paul Diviani is the Chairman; with Mike Allen as Vice Chairman.