6. Who are we safeguarding and what are we safeguarding against?
Who are we safeguarding?
- Anyone over the age of 18 who could be targeted or who may self neglect due to their needs, disability, ill health or circumstances
- Young adults over the age of 18 who cannot protect themselves against harm or exploitation
- Older people who through physical or mental limitations or reliance on support could be abused or exploited or could neglect themselves.
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Neglect by others and acts of omission
- Bullying (including psychological abuse)
- Risk of injury
- Financial and material exploitation
- Self neglect
- Disrespect or lack of dignity