Please complete the online form by clicking on the blue start button.
Before you start the application make sure that the property is the main residence of at least one disabled person and it has at least one of the following features:
- a room (other than a bathroom, kitchen or toilet) used by, and required to meet the needs of, the disabled person
- an additional bathroom or kitchen for use by the disabled person
- extra space inside the property to allow for the use of a wheelchair - wheelchairs for outdoor use only are excluded.
There's more information about the disabled band reduction scheme .
By law you must tell within 21 days of any change that may affect your entitlement to a discount. To falsely claim a discount is a criminal offence and we may prosecute.
Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of administering Council Tax.
- Your information may be provided to a third party acting on our behalf in administering Council Tax.
- Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions. Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes.
- Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary.
There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing. Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant Privacy Notice which can be accessed at eastdevon.gov.uk/privacy
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- the Council Tax account number for the property you want to claim the discount at. You can get this from the Council Tax bill
the address of the property where you are applying for the discount
Once we receive your completed form, we may need to visit your property to decide whether or not you qualify.
If you qualify for the discount, we will send you confirmation by way of an amended bill.
If you do not qualify, we will notify you by email, phone or letter.
You have to apply online. There are no paper forms.
If you don't have a computer, there’s access to the web in lots of places.