If you are the Council Tax payer, please complete the online form by clicking on the blue start button.
If you are not the Council Tax payer please email email@example.com giving details of any change.
You are entitled to a 25 per cent discount on the Council Tax on your home if
• you are the only person over the age of 18 years and
• it's your main residence
If you are currently claiming Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support you need to tell us that you are applying for or cancelling a single person discount this way:
By law you must tell within 21 days of any change that may affect your entitlement to a single person discount. To falsely claim a discount is a criminal offence and we may prosecute.
You will need your Council Tax account number if you contact us.
Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of administering Council Tax.
- Your information may be provided to a third party acting on our behalf in administering Council Tax.
- Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions. Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes.
- Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary.
There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing. Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant Privacy Notice which can be accessed at eastdevon.gov.uk/privacy
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- Your postcode
- Your Council Tax account number
If you qualify for the discount, we will send you a revised bill.
If you do not qualify, we will notify you by email, phone or letter.
You have to apply online. There are no paper forms.
If you don't have a computer, there’s access to the web in lots of places.