If you are moving house into, out of or within East Devon, tell us about your change of address online.
Take a look at this additional information if you are moving into a new property.
Please complete the online form by clicking on the blue start button.
Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of administering Council Tax.
- Your information may be provided to a third party acting on our behalf in administering Council Tax.
- Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions. Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes.
- Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary.
There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing. Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant Privacy Notice which can be accessed at eastdevon.gov.uk/privacy
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- Your Council Tax account number (if you already have one)
- The date of sale/purchase or tenancy start/end date
- The date you moved in/out if different to the above
- Your bank details if you want to pay by direct debit
If you are selling or buying a property you must exchange contracts before completing this form
Once we have received the information, we will send you a new bill within three working days.
However it may take up to eight weeks for a bill to be sent for new builds as we have to wait for the Valuation Office Agency to tell us the band of the new property.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org but it will take longer to process the information.
We will need the following:
- Your full name(s) and your new address
- Will you own, rent or lease the property?
- Your tenancy agreement start/end date or date of sale/purchase and, if different, the date that you are moving in/out
- If you want to claim a discount or exemption
- Your previous address
- Will you be paying by Direct Debit - over 10 or 12 months? On either the 1st, 17th or 25th of the month? We can set Direct Debit up over the phone and so we will call you to arrange this
- Your contact number