We are reviewing the empty Council Tax properties in East Devon to help tackle the national shortfall in housing by bringing empty properties back into use.
If we’ve written to you, please complete the review online by clicking on the blue start button - the quickest way to let us know.
Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of administering Council Tax.
- Your information may be provided to a third party acting on our behalf in administering Council Tax.
- Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions. Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes.
- Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary.
There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing. Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant Privacy Notice which can be accessed at eastdevon.gov.uk/privacy
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- the Council Tax Reference Number from your letter
- the full postal address of the property being reviewed
- the full postal address of your current address
Once we receive your completed review, we will carry out further checks which may include a visit to the property.
You can complete the paper Empty Property review form that was sent with the letter.