East Devon District Council

Cookies information

eastdevon.gov.uk uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Policy Exceptional Hardship Fund policy

Show all parts of this policy

7. Making a claim

A customer must make a claim for an Exceptional Hardship Fund award by submitting an application to us. The application form can be obtained via the telephone, in person at one of the council offices and/or the internet. Customers can get assistance with the completion of the form from the revenues and benefits service, customer services or housing services at the council.

The Exceptional Hardship Fund application form must be fully completed and supporting information or evidence provided, as reasonably requested by the us.

In most cases the person who claims the Exceptional Hardship Fund award will be the person entitled to Council Tax Support. However, a claim can be accepted from someone acting on another’s behalf, such as an appointee, if it is considered reasonable.