The Naturally Healthy Devon Schools project is a 2 year project, co-ordinated by East Devon District Council’s Countryside Education team, which aims at supporting schools in Exmouth and the surrounding area to deliver and develop their outdoor learning.
The project extends the work of the Natural Connections Demonstration Project, which worked with schools in Bristol, Cornwall, Torbay and Plymouth, into East and North Devon, with an additional focus on the health benefits learning in the natural environment (LINE) can provide. It is being co-ordinated in North Devon by Natural Learning. This is thanks to support from DESWG [Devon Education for Sustainability Working Group], CPRE Devon, Natural England and the Devon Local Nature Partnership.
Participating schools in the project benefit from:
- Support to develop a clear action plan for LINE with funding to help delivery and training
- Provision of a dedicated ‘Green Grant’ fund to enable schools to develop school grounds
- Provision of opportunities for networking with other schools and sharing of good practice
- Access to regular CPD training to enable increased teacher confidence, empowering teachers to deliver a range of LINE activities which compliments the curriculum.
- Support to find good quality outdoor activity providers that are already experienced in teaching and learning outside of the classroom
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org