The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018

How to apply

If you want to run a kennel or cattery you will need to apply for an animal boarding establishment licence.  Contact the environmental health team by phone, 01395 571517, or email  If renewing a licence you must give at least 3 months notice.


You will need to pay a fee for your licence.  Please make sure you are aware of how much this will cost.