We receive many complaints about bonfires causing a nuisance. Such nuisances need never arise if consideration is shown to neighbours. Bonfire smoke can be very irritating and even harmful, particularly to people with chest or heart problems. Having a bonfire should always be a last resort and bonfires should be small and controlled with minimal smoke.
If you would like to make a complaint please speak to the owner of the bonfire first. If this fails please report it to us here and please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any other advice or information.
We do not consider anonymous complaints unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- Your contact information including address, telephone numbers and email (where applicable).
- The address and other information about the issue.
- Description of the issue.
- Date and times of the issue and how it affects you.
- And finally whether or not you have reported this issue to us before.
We will normally contact you within two working days to explain how your complaint will be dealt with.
Our initial contact with you is likely to be a telephone call. We will endeavour to use your preferred contact method wherever possible
You may prefer to write, email, or telephone environmental health on 01395 517456.