We operate a service for the removal of abandoned vehicles from the highway and private land. An abandoned vehicle is regarded as a vehicle that has no known owner and that has been dumped. Anyone wishing to make a report should provide their full details as well as the vehicle make, model, registration number, colour and location as well as a reason why they think it is abandoned. If possible, please also provide the condition of the vehicle, how long the vehicle has been there and whether the vehicle is being used at any time.
A vehicle considered to be abandoned on the highway will be served a notice informing anyone with legal claim to remove it within 24 hours. If the vehicle remains unclaimed after that deadline, arrangements will be made for it to be removed and in most cases scrapped.
Owners of vehicles that we have to remove as abandoned may be charged statutory fees:
- £105 + VAT for removal
- £12 + VAT per day for storage of vehicles until disposed of
- £50 + VAT on disposal
- £200 Fixed penalty notice for abandoning it
We do not deal with untaxed vehicles.
Please report untaxed vehicles to the DVLA
Start the journey
More info about the journey
Please could you describe:
- The location of the vehicle (for example, outside number 99 High Street)
- The make, model, colour and full registration number of the vehicle if available
- The tax status of the vehicle and ownership details (if any)
- Any other relevant information, length of time it has been abandoned, any damage to the vehicle or last known dates of movement
After investigations have been completed, we'll take action using the appropriate legislation.