- National Energy Action gives advice on energy efficiency.
- The Energy Savings Trust has a searchable energy efficiency database. For more information phone 0300 123 1234.
- The Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs may be able to advise and help with funding. For more information phone 08459 33 55 77.
- If you are a community organisation and would like support with community based sustainable energy projects please visit the Energy Saving Trust’s Green Communities team webpage.
- If you are a public, not for profit or private sector organisation and would like to discuss how your organisation can save energy call the Carbon Trust on 020 7170 7000.
Devon Association for Renewable Energy (DARE)
DARE are very knowledgeable about renewable energy options for householders and organisations, as well as having information on grants available. For more information phone 01837 89200.
The Green Grants Machine website
The Green Grants Machine website has a wealth of information on all the latest funding schemes to help companies and community groups become more environmentally friendly such as introducing energy efficiency measures. You can fill in a simple form about your project and it will search funding providers for you.
Community Action for Energy (CAfE)
CAfE can help you improve the quality of life in your community by promoting sustainable energy, improving the warmth and comfort of people's homes, saving money and helping the environment. A community-based energy project can provide new opportunities, whether you want to help people save money on their fuel bills or develop a renewable energy project, CAfE is here to help.
E.ON Sustainable Energy Fund
Grants are available from E.ON Sustainable Energy Fund of up to £20,000 for local community groups and not for profit organisations who wish to install renewable energy sources or reduce the amount of energy used. Joint proposals e.g. with the local authority, may be considered. Your organisation must benefit young people, elderly people or people in fuel poverty. Projects must demonstrate a clear positive impact on the local community and the environment.
The GreenPlan Fund
The GreenPlan Fund aims to support renewable energy projects in the community. Projects must result in the creation or expansion of renewable energy by local community groups and not for profit organisations. For more information call 0870 419 1706.
The Green Energy Trust
The Green Energy Trust has grants of about £10,000 available for up to half the cost of renewable technology. Only local community groups, not for profit organisations and charities based in the UK can apply. There are three submission deadlines each year.