South West Water
South West Water would like to help customers who are struggling to pay their water bills. Their Water Debt Gateway can be reached by calling the Freshstart Team on 01752 241082 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Aid for the Aged in Distress
Aid for the Aged in Distress aims to help older people who are financially stretched beyond their means to the point of genuine distress. They can provide grants for various items including mobility scooters, radiators, cleaning and central heating boilers. For more information phone 0870 8031950.
Local welfare support scheme
Are you in severe financial trouble? If so we might be able to help with our local welfare support scheme. This scheme can give referrals to food banks and furniture providers, travel vouchers and more.
If you think you may be eligible contact us on (01395) 516551.
There are various local charities who have funding available for residents in need on a parish or town basis:
The Broadclyst Fund is a Registered Charity which makes grants to individuals or organisations in Broadclyst Parish (or who have a close association with the parish) who are in some way in need. Examples of recent grants which have been awarded include grants towards winter fuel, some domestic appliances and emergency cash donations. If you believe you or a local organisation could benefit from such a grant, please contact Sarah Vaughan in confidence on 01392 466808.
- Colyton Parish Lands Charity has one-off and recurrent grants available to people in need in the parish of Colyton. For more information phone 01297 552129
- Exminster Feoffees have funding of up to £200 and goods in kind for people who need who live in Exminster. For more information phone 01392 832115.
- Honiton United Charities has grants available for people in need whose needs are not met by government agencies and live in Honiton. For more information phone 01404 43431.
- Ottery Feoffee Charity has one-off or recurrent funding available for people in need who live in Ottery St Mary. For more information phone 01404 812228.
- Sidmouth Consolidated Charities has grants available for people in need who live in Sidmouth. For more information phone 01395 513079.
- Exmouth Welfare Trust has one off grants for people in need who live in the urban district of Exmouth who are in poverty, convalescent, infirm or disabled. Food, clothing, medical care, equipment, cookers and travel to and from hospital may be funded. For more information phone 01395 264731.
The Lord Clinton Charitable Trust
The Lord Clinton Charitable Trust may be able to offer grants to help you. You should apply by sending a letter explaining your current circumstances including why you need funds and giving your contact details to:
Lord Clinton Charitable Trust
Devon Clinton Estates
Rolle Estate Office
All applications will be assessed on an individual basis.
The Society for the Assistance of Ladies in Reduced Circumstances
Grants are available from this society for individual women who are living alone in their own home (either owned or rented) in genuine need, irrespective of age or social status, or to organisations working with such women from The Society for the Assistance of Ladies in Reduced Circumstances. For more information phone 03003 651886.