Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Guide Rules for the Communities Together Fund

Show all parts of this guide

2. Who can apply

Four types of organisations can apply:

  1. Town and parish councils. Your project must benefit two or more town or parish council areas in East Devon, excluding Exmouth who are managing their own funding. Each application must be submitted jointly by two or more parish or town councils with one application form submitted by a lead parish or town council. In addition you must make all the relevant East Devon District Councillors aware of your project.

The following can also apply, as long as they have a governing document, which needs to be sent with the application:

2.     Charities registered with the Charities Commission. You’ll need to send in accounts from the previous financial year.

3.    Properly constituted and regulated Community Interest Companies registered with Companies House. You’ll need to send in accounts from the previous financial year.

4.     Voluntary and community groups and clubs where someone like a town or a parish council has agreed in writing to be accountable for the project and the funding, and bankroll it. Please send evidence with your application. The accountable organisation will need to send in relevant documents.

Organisation types 2, 3 and 4 please note;

  • All projects must benefit two or more town or parish council areas. Exmouth, as part of a pilot scheme, are managing their own funding so must not be included when counting how many town or parish council areas your project benefits.
  • You must have the written support of at least one of the town and parish councils for the areas that would benefit from your project (not including Exmouth). You must send this in with your application. When you contact the relevant town or parish councils you must also contact the relevant East Devon District Council Ward Member(s) to let them know about your project, so for example if you are emailing the town or parish council then copy in the Ward Member.
    Find out about town and parish council areas and how to contact them
    Find out which EDDC Ward Members to contact and how to contact them.