Community development and countryside have been working more closely over the two past years. Joint projects so far include:
- Taking groups of young people to the Axe Valley Wetlands.
- Honiton Bottom Community Nature Reserve. Events are 4 times a year and include scything and hedge-laying. Visit the events page of our website to see if there's anything happening soon.
- Orchard Planting - we supported the community of Littleham to plant an Orchard near Bidmead Community Centre. We are aiming to start one new Community orchard each year.
- Easter Holiday Activities. Over Easter 2015 our Switch youth clubs had the opportunity to win a John Muir environmental award by participating in 2 days walking and camping along the Jurassic coast. Over Easter 2016 we will also be running a camping trip where we promote active engagement with our natural heritage.
- Countryside comes to SWITCH! We’ve run some fantastic sessions with countryside Education officer Penny Evans. In 2016 we’re looking forward to making birdfeeders and bug boxes, creating natural crafts and doing some campfire cooking.
All events open to the public are displayed on our events page. Please email email@example.com for anymore information or to suggest sites for more orchards.