Work on making sure that all our properties and communal areas meet current fire safety standards is our top priority.
The work currently being undertaken includes:
- Working with all residents of communal blocks of flats to make sure that no items of any kind are stored in the communal areas
- Working with tenants to explain their responsibilities to make sure the areas they live in are kept safe from fire
- Making sure all housing officers understand their responsibilities and report any problems to the estate management team
- Visiting all communal areas to check that they are free from fire risks
- Helping elderly and disabled tenants clear out their loft space and checking the loft area for proper fire breaks and any potential electrical dangers
- Reviewing and redrafting all our policies and procedures around fire safety