PARK RULES FOR
OTTER VALLEY PARK. HONITON
In these rules:
- "occupier'' means anyone who occupies a park home, whether under an Agreement to which the Mobile Homes Act 1983 applies or under a tenancy or any other agreement
- "you" and "your'' refers to the homeowner or other occupier of a park home
- "we" and "our" refers to the park owner.
These rules are in place to ensure acceptable standards are maintained on the park, which will be of general benefit to occupiers, and to promote and maintain community cohesion. They form part of the Agreement by which homeowners occupy the pitch in accordance with the Mobile Homes Act 1983, as amended.
With one exception the rules also apply to any occupiers of park homes who rent their home. The only rule which does not apply to occupiers who rent their home is rule 37 about the colour of the exterior of the home, as someone renting their home would not be responsible for exterior maintenance.
None of these rules Is to have retrospective effect. Accordingly:
- they are to apply only from the date on which they take effect, which is 30th October 2014 and
- no occupier who is in occupation on that date will be treated as being in breach due to circumstances which were In existence on that date and which would not have been a breach of the rules In existence before that date.
These rules also apply (for so long as they live on the park) to the park owner and any employees, with the exception of the following rules: 16 and 32.
Condition of the Pitch
1. For reasons of ventilation and safety you must keep the underneath of your home dear and not use it as a storage space.
2. The park is an "open plan" park and you must not erect fences or other means of enclosure.
3. You must not have external fires, including incinerators.
4. You must not keep inflammable substances on the park except in quantities reasonable for domestic use.
5. You must not keep explosive substances on the park.
6. You must not remove or disturb flora or fauna on the park, especially on vacant pitches or on communal areas.
7. You must not reposition the park home or make any alterations or additions to the park home or pitch without the prior approval of the owner, which must not be unreasonably withheld, because you may breach the terms of our planning permission or site licence.
8. Homeowners must construct and maintain a brick skirting between the underside of the park home and the hardstanding.
9. it is recommended that you ensure that electric, gas and water installations in your park home meet the relevant standards and regulations and that they are serviced as recommended.
10. You must not have more than one storage shed on the pitch. Where you source the shed yourself the design, standard and size of the shed must be approved by us in writing (approval will not be withheld or delayed unreasonably). You must position the shed so as to comply with the park's site licence and fire safety requirements. The footprint of the shed shall not exceed 8' x 6' (48 square feet).
11. You must not have any storage receptacle on the pitch other than the shed mentioned in rule 10 and any receptacle for the storage of domestic waste pending collection by the local authority.
12. You must ensure that any shed or other structure erected in the separation space between park homes is of non-combustible construction and positioned so as to comply with the park's site licence conditions and fire safety requirements. The separation space is the space between your park home and any neighbouring home.
Where waste is collected by the local authority
13. You are responsible for the disposal of all household, recyclable and garden waste in approved containers through the local authority service. You must not overfill containers and must place them in the approved position for the local authority collections.
14. You must not deposit any waste or rubbish other than in local authority approved containers on any part of the park (including any individual pitch).
15. You must not use the park home, the pitch or the park (or any part of the park) for any business purpose, and you must not use the park home or the pitch for the storage of stock, plant, machinery or equipment used or last used for any business purpose. However you are at liberty to work individually from home by carrying out any office work of a type which does not create a nuisance to other occupiers and does not involve other staff, other workers, customers or members of the public calling at the park home or the park.
16. No person under the age of 50 years may reside in a park home. With the exception of the park manager/warden and their family.
17. You must not sublet the park home. You must not accommodate lodgers.
18. You are responsible for the behaviour of your visitors.
19. You must not use musical instruments, all forms of recorded music players, radios and other similar appliances and motor vehicles so as to cause a nuisance to other occupiers, especially between the hours of 10.30 pm and 8.00 am.
20. You must not keep any pets or animals except the following:
Not more than two dog(s} or two domestic cat(s) or one dog and one domestic cat (other than any of the breeds subject to the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 which are not permitted at all). You must keep any dog or cat under proper control and you must not permit it to frighten other users of the park. You must keep any dog on a leash not exceeding 1m in length and must not allow it to despoil the park.
A new homeowner may come onto the park with not more than two dog(s) or two domestic cat(s) or one dog and one domestic cat (other than a dog of any of the breeds subject to the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991) which they already own and may keep for as long as they wish but they shall not be permitted to replace the pet or acquire another pet.
The express terms of a homeowner's agreement contain an undertaking on the part of the homeowner not to allow anything which is or becomes a nuisance, Inconvenience or disturbance to other occupiers at the park and this undertaking extends to the behaviour of pets and animals. A similar requirement not to cause a nuisance applies to tenants and again this includes the behaviour of pets and animals.
These rules do not have retrospective effect. If the keeping of the pet complied with the previous rules, an occupier will not be treated as being In breach when these rules take effect. However, when the pet dies or leaves it can only be replaced if this would comply with these rules.
21. Nothing In rule 20 of these Park Rules prevents you from keeping an assistance dog if this is required to support your disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued you with an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence.
22. Where water is not separately metered at the park home or not separately charged you must not use hoses, except in case of fire.
23. You must only use fire point hoses in case of fire.
24. You must protect all external water pipes from potential frost damage.
Vehicles and parking
25. You must drive all vehicles on the park carefully and within the displayed speed limit.
26. You must not park more than one vehicle on the park and the DVLA registered keeper must be an occupier of the park home.
27. You must not park on the roads or grass verges.
28. You must not park anywhere except in the permitted parking spaces.
29. Other than for delivering goods and services, and with the exception of commercial vehicles operated by the park owner, their family and the park manager/warden, you must not park or allow parking of commercial vehicles of any sort on the park, including: light commercial or light goods vehicles as described in the vehicle taxation legislation and vehicles intended for domestic use but derived from or adapted from such a commercial vehicle. You must not park or allow parking of motorhomes or touring caravans of any sort on the park.
30. You must hold a current driving licence and be insured to drive any vehicle on the park. You must also ensure that any vehicle you drive on the park is taxed in accordance with the requirements of law and is In a roadworthy condition.
31. Disused or unroadworthy vehicles must not be kept anywhere on the park. We reserve the right to remove any vehicle which is apparently abandoned.
32. You must not carry out the following works or repairs on the park:
(a) major vehicles repairs involving dismantling of part(s) of the engine.
(b) works which involve the removal of oil or other fuels.
33. You must not use or display guns, firearms and offensive weapons (including crossbows) on the park and you may only keep them on the pitch or In your home if you hold the appropriate licence and they are securely stored In accordance with that licence.
34. Homeowners must maintain the outside of their park home in a clean and tidy condition. Where the exterior is repainted or recovered homeowners must use reasonable endeavours not to depart from the original exterior colour-scheme.