The vast majority of water supplied in the towns in East Devon is by mains water supply provided by South West Water.
Government Regulations require South West Water to carry out a great deal of sampling of their own supplies to ensure that they reach the required water quality.
We also have a responsibility to monitor the quality of water supplied by private water companies. Our sampling is usually limited to the investigation of complaints from local residents or businesses concerning strange tastes or materials in the water.
Complaints about mains water should in the first instance be made to South West Water Customer Helpline on 0800 1691144 or South West Water.
Automated telephone services
- Meter installation 0800 083 4301
- Direct Debit set up 0800 083 2365
- Meter estimate rebilling 0800 083 4247
- Billing and general enquiries If you are moving house, want to discuss or set up a payment plan or if you have any queries or concerns about your account or water meter. The accounts helpline is open 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 8am-5pm Saturday, closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays 0800 169 1133
- Water and sewerage service queries and emergencies. If you have any questions or enquiries about our water and sewerage services 0800 169 1144
- Reporting a leak Please ring as soon as possible. This line is available 24 hours a day 0800 169 1144
- Minicom We offer a 24-hour text telephone service for customers with speech or hearing difficulties 0800 169 9965
- Bogus caller helpline Double-check any South West Water employee's identity 0800 169 1144
- Debt helpline, If you are experiencing financial difficulty and want to talk to someone, our debt helpline is open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 6pm Fridays, 9am to 1pm Saturdays and closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays 0800 083 0283