4. Resident involvement structure
Our structure for tenant involvement allows us to:
- give information to our tenants
- consult with tenants, listen to their views and act on them
- give tenants the opportunity to influence polices, strategy, procedures, and services
- make sure that all of our tenants are given equal access to get involved.
We have a wide range of opportunities for formal and informal involvement, including methods like the website audit and surveys by post, telephone, and email. Consultation that does not require tenants to leave their home in order to be involved is also available.
There are opportunities for tenants to get involved at a level that suits them and we are always looking for new ways to involve our tenants.
Our involvement structure has been designed in consultation with our tenants to make sure that the right options are available to encourage tenants to get involved. We expect our involvement structures will continue to develop and grow and will make sure we review them on a regular basis.
The chart at the end of this strategy shows how the groups fit within the overall structure of the council.