12. Ending the tenancy - when the tenant dies or gives up the tenancy
We carry out pre-termination visits with all our tenants, or with the next of kin. During this visit we:
- check the condition of the property and garden
- ensure the rent account is up to date
- agree with the outgoing tenant which items can be left in the property and which must be removed
- ensure that the outgoing tenant is aware that the property must be left in a good and clean state, and all rubbish and personal items (except those agreed above) must be cleared from the property
- read the meters
- request a forwarding address, contact details and phone numbers
- determine any recharges that may be due.
If there is any rent due to the end of the tenancy we will inform you and expect the amount due to be paid in full before your tenancy ends.
We have information for relatives of deceased tenants explaining to them the steps that need to be gone through to end the tenancy and the information we require from them.