- Affordable Housing: We have adopted the definition of affordable housing as set out in the draft National Planning Policy Framework (or subsequent updates of that definition) which replaces PPS3 and states that affordable housing is - social rent, affordable rent and intermediate housing provided to eligible households whose needs are not met by the market. Eligibility is determined with regard to local incomes and local house prices.
- Affordable rent: 80% of market rents.
- Fixed term tenancies: The term ‘fixed term tenancies’ is used to apply to all tenancies that are offered for a specified period of time, as opposed to traditional ‘lifetime tenancies’. For local authority landlords these are known as flexible tenancies.
- Social Rent: The level of rent that we charge for the majority of its properties (excluding those charged at ‘affordable rent’).
- Sheltered accommodation: Accommodation suitable for persons over 60 years of age or with a disability.