We insure our council dwellings and in the event of fire, lightning, storm or flood we would claim on our insurance for the cost of repairing or rebuilding the property. We do not insure any contents that belong to you or any improvements that may have been carried out by you. We strongly urge that you have your own contents insurance.  Contents insurance is available from a number of insurance companies.

Alternatively, we are part of a special scheme called Crystal arranged in conjunction with Thistle Tenant Risks. This scheme has arranged an affordable home contents insurance policy through which tenants can protect their belongings. The scheme is open to all our tenants and leaseholders.