When you book onto a course you are entrusted to ensure this has been agreed with your line manager.
To equip those attending with the necessary skills and understanding to undertake effective investigations of accidents and incidents.
By the end of the course, those attending will be able to:-
- Understand the reasons and purposes behind accident and incident investigations;
- Describe the legal duties and responsibilities of employers and employees in relation to accident & incident investigations;
- Understand the civil actions that can arise as a result of accidents and the role of the unions and safety representatives in assisting with investigations;
- Utilise and be familiar with appropriate documentation used for recording accidents and incidents based on formats used by the Council;
- Understand the steps to be taken in undertaking an effective investigation to identify the immediate and underlying causes with the aim to prevent recurrence;
- Understand the principles that are applied to take remedial actions to ensure immediate and long term improvements are made, as may be identified in the investigation;
- Apply the principles of accident investigation as part of a practical workshop based on a given example;
- Complete a short learning assessment to demonstrate competence.
Managers and Supervisors responsible for investigating accidents and incidents, staff who routinely deal with investigations.
Accident & Incident Investigation
No courses currently scheduled
To book on a course please email the course title and the date you wish to attend to the Learning and Development Team. Please also let us know if you have any special requirements or would like us to make reasonable adjustments in order that you can get the maximum benefit from the training.
If no dates are scheduled you will be able to add your name onto a waiting list and you will be contacted when a date has been arranged. To register interest in a future course please email the Learning and Development Team with the title of the course you wish to attend.
If you are registered, training is available via e-learning, through Learning Nexus see the E-Learning page for more information about the courses available and how to access them.
There is a lot of useful information on the HSE website including a useful checklist