When you book onto a course you are entrusted to ensure this has been agreed with your line manager.
To enable managers to use best practice when preparing and conducting appraisal meetings with staff, and gain an understanding of where these meetings sit in the wider context of performance management.
By the end of the session delegates will
- Understand where performance management sits within the organisational framework and the role of performance appraisal meetings
- Be aware of the dos and don'ts of conducting an effective appraisal
- Be able to set performance objectives and understand the need to monitor these effectively
- Understand the importance of Giving Feedback on performance and have a simple strategy for doing this appropriately
- Understand the need to make Appraisals positive experiences for both parties
- Have practiced setting SMART objectives and understand the need to link these to organisational goals
- Considered the importance of effective questioning techniques to help get the best from performance management meetings
- Have identified their own preferred management 'style' and its impact on effective performance management
Participants are asked to familiarise themselves with their own Authority's Appraisal documentation before attending.
Managers and those who have to appraise and manage the performance of staff.
Appraisal Skills and Performance Management for Managers
No courses currently scheduled
To book on a course please email the course title and the date you wish to attend to the Learning and Development Team. Please also let us know if you have any special requirements or would like us to make reasonable adjustments in order that you can get the maximum benefit from the training.
If no dates are scheduled you will be able to add your name onto a waiting list and you will be contacted when a date has been arranged. To register interest in a future course please email the Learning and Development Team with the title of the course you wish to attend.
If you are registered, training is available via e-learning, through Learning Nexus see the E-Learning page for more information about the courses available and how to access them.