When you book onto a course you are entrusted to ensure this has been agreed with your line manager.
The aims of the course are to help staff learn how to act more assertively in a variety of work settings, and with both colleagues and customers.
By the end of the session, delegates will be able to:-
- Recognise the key distinctions between passivity, aggression, manipulation and assertiveness
- Identify the kinds of beliefs that can help or hinder assertive behaviour
- Be aware of the situations that can trigger passive or aggressive responses in themselves
- Use assertive behaviour when making and refusing requests, disagreeing, responding to criticism or praise, and giving bad news
- Handle non-assertive behaviour from others
- Contribute assertively in team situations and projects.
|Assertiveness and Communication Skills||
No courses currently scheduled
To book on a course please email the course title and the date you wish to attend to the Learning and Development Team. Please also let us know if you have any special requirements or would like us to make reasonable adjustments in order that you can get the maximum benefit from the training.
If no dates are scheduled you will be able to add your name onto a waiting list and you will be contacted when a date has been arranged. To register interest in a future course please email the Learning and Development Team with the title of the course you wish to attend.
If you are registered, training is available via e-learning, through Learning Nexus see the E-Learning page for more information about the courses available and how to access them.
There is a good article on the businessballs website on how to help build, boost, and develop self-confidence and assertiveness.