When you book onto a course you are entrusted to ensure this has been agreed with your line manager.
This workshop focuses on practice, not policies. Particularly suitable for line managers, HR and Occupational Health specialists, business owners and directors, trade union and staff representatives – especially those with little or no knowledge of mental health conditions. This 3 hour workshop (which will include a short break) covers:
- Stress, anxiety & depression, bi-polar disorder
- Talking with staff about mental health
- Supporting staff in work and managing absence
The aims of the session are:
1) To improve understanding of stress, anxiety, depression &bi-polar disorder
2) To improve understanding of how to support staff
3) To improve understanding of how to have conversations about mental health
- Overview of aims and objectives
- Introductions - including asking each participant what they would like to gain from the session
- A mental health awareness quiz (with a particular focus on employment/work matters)
- Overview of mental health & work - financial costs, workplace culture, government initiatives
- What is mental ill health? This provides an overview of what is meant and not meant by the term 'mental health'. Link with stress.
- Presentation, discussion and group exercise looking at anxiety, depression & bi-polar disorder (including treatment and recovery)
- (We can include presentation, discussion about severe mental health conditions such as psychosis and schizophrenia (including treatment and recovery) if required)
- Identifying signs in the workplace
- Having conversations about mental health & how to respond to distress
- Case studies - explored through group and wider discussion which links in to the themes of supporting presence in work and managing absence
- Signposts to further support
- Review, evaluation form & handouts
- Availability to be contacted by participants for information and advice after the courses for an unlimited time
Being a mindful manager
No courses currently scheduled
To book on a course please email the course title and the date you wish to attend to the Learning and Development Team. Please also let us know if you have any special requirements or would like us to make reasonable adjustments in order that you can get the maximum benefit from the training.
If no dates are scheduled you will be able to add your name onto a waiting list and you will be contacted when a date has been arranged. To register interest in a future course please email the Learning and Development Team with the title of the course you wish to attend.
If you are registered, training is available via e-learning, through Learning Nexus see the E-Learning page for more information about the courses available and how to access them.