When you book onto a course you are entrusted to ensure this has been agreed with your line manager.
For those who have not recently completed a formal job application and how to apply for jobs in order to achieve an interview. Also for those who have not recently participated in a formal job interview or those who would like some support.
By attending this workshop, participants will:-
- Identify their Abilities and Skills from their Employment History and recognise how to use the Information effectively
- Understand requirements of a Person Specification and following standard application procedures
- Have the opportunity to ask questions related to good practice recruitment processes
- Consider how to prepare for Interviews including:
- Preparing for and anticipating likely questions
- Identifying ways to 'sell' yourself during the interview
- Planning questions to ask the interviewers
- Look at how to move from advertisement to application by matching the
- Practice some techniques for handling questions on the day
- Consider ways to handle nerves
No courses currently scheduled
To book on a course please email the course title and the date you wish to attend to the Learning and Development Team. Please also let us know if you have any special requirements or would like us to make reasonable adjustments in order that you can get the maximum benefit from the training.
If no dates are scheduled you will be able to add your name onto a waiting list and you will be contacted when a date has been arranged. To register interest in a future course please email the Learning and Development Team with the title of the course you wish to attend.
If you are registered, training is available via e-learning, through Learning Nexus see the E-Learning page for more information about the courses available and how to access them. There are a range of relevant courses in the Workplace Skills
A variety of useful information is provided by the Careers Service, including the following, information about CV's, completing application forms and preparing for interviews.