When you book onto a course you are entrusted to ensure this has been agreed with your line manager.
To explain the principles of evaluation and assessment for those staff dealing with hazardous substances, including infectious agents.
To explain the principles of evaluation and assessment for those staff dealing with hazardous substances, including infectious agents. By the end of the course, those participating will be able to:-
- Understand the key requirements of the COSHH Regulations 2002 and the COSHH (Amendment) Regulations 2004 applied to their role;
- Describe the legal duties and responsibilities of employers and employees in relation to hazardous and infective materials;
- Understand the key hazards and routes of entry to the body for chemical and biological agents and protection strategies;
- Understand the process of undertaking a COSHH risk assessment based on documented formats used by the Council;
- Apply the hierarchy of control in establishing strategies for control;
- Understand the available strategies for control based on safe place and safe persons;
- Understand the key controls that are applied to the use of personal protective equipment;
- Complete a short learning assessment to demonstrate competence.
Managers and Supervisors responsible for undertaking risk assessments and other staff who routinely deal with hazardous substances and potentially infective materials.
COSHH Principles & Practice
No courses currently scheduled
To book on a course please email the course title and the date you wish to attend to the Learning and Development Team. Please also let us know if you have any special requirements or would like us to make reasonable adjustments in order that you can get the maximum benefit from the training.
If no dates are scheduled you will be able to add your name onto a waiting list and you will be contacted when a date has been arranged. To register interest in a future course please email the Learning and Development Team with the title of the course you wish to attend.
If you are registered, training is available via e-learning, through Learning Nexus see the E-Learning page for more information about the courses available and how to access them.