When you book onto a course you are entrusted to ensure this has been agreed with your line manager.
To raise awareness of the particular challenges caused for customers and staff when communicating by phone.
- Background of conflict
- Recognising the stages of conflict escalation
- Managing anger 'flashpoints'
- Understanding how the telephone can contribute to conflict escalation
- Understanding patterns of behaviour unique to communicating by phone
- Responding to conflict
- Understanding our natural response to conflict
- Skills to maintain composure when emotions are rising
- Managing confrontation
- Structuring difficult telephone conversations
- Controlling the call
- Managing customer emotions
- Managing the negative impact of an angry phone call
- Understanding the negative impact of angry phone calls
- Unique skills to manage our stress levels
- De-briefing after a difficult call
- By the end of the course participants will be better able to:
- Identify different stages of conflict escalation
- Maintain their composure during an angry phone call
- Use specific skills to structure, control and close a call
- Use coping strategies to manage negative emotions
All employees who have to deal with angry or difficult service users via the telephone.
Dealing with Difficult Phone Calls
No courses currently scheduled
To book on a course please email the course title and the date you wish to attend to the Learning and Development Team. Please also let us know if you have any special requirements or would like us to make reasonable adjustments in order that you can get the maximum benefit from the training.
If no dates are scheduled you will be able to add your name onto a waiting list and you will be contacted when a date has been arranged. To register interest in a future course please email the Learning and Development Team with the title of the course you wish to attend.
If you are registered, training is available via e-learning, through Learning Nexus see the E-Learning page for more information about the courses available and how to access them.