When you book onto a course you are entrusted to ensure this has been agreed with your line manager.
Making Every Contact Count Training (MECC)
MECC is a national scheme and is being rolled out to organisations across Devon.
The training will enable individuals to:
- Participate in a behavioural change programme which is about encouraging frontline staff to make the most of the opportunities and contacts with people, in order to positively impact on their health and wellbeing
- Enhance their skills to deliver health improving conversations, and empowering people to make positive steps towards behavioural change.
- Become competent and above all confident to deliver healthy lifestyle messages, to help encourage people to change their behaviour and to direct them to local services that can support them
EDDC are committed to rolling out this training to help all frontline staff make the most of every contact they have with people across East Devon. This will help us to:
- demonstrate that we can provide the right support at the right time
- develop our customers’ independence and reduce their dependency on services
- develop new relationships with community organisations
- help to improve staff health and wellbeing and offer personal development.
All frontline staff who regularly meet the public, but not for StreetScene Operational Colleagues
|Making every contact count||
No courses currently scheduled
To book on a course please email the course title and the date you wish to attend to the Learning and Development Team. Please also let us know if you have any special requirements or would like us to make reasonable adjustments in order that you can get the maximum benefit from the training.
If no dates are scheduled you will be able to add your name onto a waiting list and you will be contacted when a date has been arranged. To register interest in a future course please email the Learning and Development Team with the title of the course you wish to attend.
If you are registered, training is available via e-learning, through Learning Nexus see the E-Learning page for more information about the courses available and how to access them.
The Plain English Campaign group offer a number of free guides and information which can be found here http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/free-guides.html More useful information is available on the businessballs website