When you book onto a course you are entrusted to ensure this has been agreed with your line manager.
To enable Managers to effectively manage disperse, mobile and home teams.
On completion of the course Managers, team leaders and supervisors will be able to:-
- Define effective leadership behaviours for managing disperse, mobile and home teams
- Identify what disperse, mobile and home teams need and expect from their managers
- Understand how to use effective communication methods and channels to support disperse team working
- Create and maintain motivation within disperse, mobile and team workers
- Use a range of techniques to manage and maximise the performance of disperse teams
The key topics covered will include:-
- Leadership - Understanding the challenges and opportunities of agile working / Identifying effective leadership behaviours, skills and qualities / Building compelling vision and getting buy in / Creating trust and credibility
- Team characteristics - Ensuring the suitability of staff for disperse, mobile and home working / Creating strong team dynamics / Providing the right environment / Understanding the emotional, psychological and physical requirements of agile working
- Effective communications - Identifying and overcoming barriers to effective communication / Planning when and how to communicate / Selecting the right communication methods / Understanding the online and digital communication tools available to support agile working
- Maintaining motivation - Combating isolation / Providing feedback and rewards / Building team spirit / Managing career development and progression / Ensuring equality and fairness
- Managing performance - Managing outputs and outcomes / Measuring individual and team performance / Selecting the right KPIs / Identifying and dealing with performance issues
Those managing disperse, mobile and home teams
Managing Dispersed Teams
No courses currently scheduled
To book on a course please email the course title and the date you wish to attend to the Learning and Development Team. Please also let us know if you have any special requirements or would like us to make reasonable adjustments in order that you can get the maximum benefit from the training.
If no dates are scheduled you will be able to add your name onto a waiting list and you will be contacted when a date has been arranged. To register interest in a future course please email the Learning and Development Team with the title of the course you wish to attend.
If you are registered, training is available via e-learning, through Learning Nexus see the E-Learning page for more information about the courses available and how to access them.
There is a good article on the Mind Tools website entitled Managing a Geographically Dispersed Team