When you book onto a course you are entrusted to ensure this has been agreed with your line manager.
This can be a challenging area for managers so this half day practical course provides essential knowledge and skills to effectively manage and report on attendance and sickness absence.
It is important to familiarise yourself with your organisational policies prior to attending training. The course covers:
- Why it is important to use - the cost and impact of staff absence
- Tools and resources - the legislative framework, ACAS Code of Practice, applying organisational policy and procedures
- Calculating and reporting on staff absence - Bradford Factor
- Identifying a range of actions that can be taken to improve attendance and sickness absence
- Attendance Improvement Plans
- Conducting return to work meetings
- Occupational health and other sources of support
All staff with a responsibility for managing or supervising others.
Managing Sickness Absence
No courses currently scheduled
To book on a course please email the course title and the date you wish to attend to the Learning and Development Team. Please also let us know if you have any special requirements or would like us to make reasonable adjustments in order that you can get the maximum benefit from the training.
If no dates are scheduled you will be able to add your name onto a waiting list and you will be contacted when a date has been arranged. To register interest in a future course please email the Learning and Development Team with the title of the course you wish to attend.
If you are registered, training is available via e-learning, through Learning Nexus see the E-Learning page for more information about the courses available and how to access them.